The scope of global poverty can easily become an overwhelming thought. Moreover, the thought of having an impact on poverty or trafficking can feel as impossible as counting grains of salt. What if it didn’t have to be so daunting?...
Work of Worth believes that the cure for desperate poverty and human trafficking is opportunity. Furthermore, Work of Worth believes it can provide that opportunity. However, not just any opportunity will do. Work of Worth is not interested in “shady business,” because people deserve better than “just getting by.” Work of Worth believes that the well-being of each employee - and their family, is just as important as the well-being of their employer. For a job opportunity to truly improve a person’s quality of life, certain standards must be met… Here are just a few:
We don’t want our partners’ employees to feel:
- Exploited – Work of Worth ensures its partners are committed to paying their artisans a fair wage and requiring an appropriate amount of work hours.
- Unskilled – Work of Worth’s partners are committed to turning the traditional business model on its head. Instead of hiring the most qualified and highly experienced workers, they employ those who need dignified work, and are dedicated to meeting them where they are.
- Hopeless – Work of Worth hopes that every artisan believes they can provide a better life for their children than they dared to dream. We believe it is possible.
We want our partners’ employees to feel:
- Safe – It is of upmost importance to Work of Worth that the men and women our partners employ feel emotionally and physically safe. Some of these men and women have been enslaved previously, or are at high risk of being trafficked. Where poverty is rampant, often the choices made are extreme, sometimes even unthinkable.
- Respected - When you instill in someone your belief that they have something (a valuable skill) to offer the world, they will begin to believe it too. Work of Worth believes that commerce, properly implemented, can bring sustainable, lasting, change to communities around the world.
- Empowered - Jobs that bring dignity transforms the landscape of generations. It paves the way for education and a life filled with hope and security instead of struggle and fear.
It IS possible to provide people with jobs that bring dignity! So let's put our money where our mouth is and purchase with purpose.
Join the movement! #noshadybusiness